Activities and Attractions of Nelson
Maitai River Walkway
Enjoy the Maitai River Walkway which starts almost right in front of our doorstep.
Centre of New Zealand
Walk to the 'Centre of New Zealand' for spectacular views of Nelson (30-60min).
Visit Queens Garden – Nelson's beautiful Victorian-style gardens.
Riverside Swimming Pool
Riverside Swimming Pool is a heated indoor pool and gym – just 3min from Riverlodge Motel.
Nelson's famous Saturday morning market (crafts and local produce) at Montgomery Square.
Nelson Farmers' Market
Farmers' Market every Wednesday at Morrison Square.
World of WearableArt™ & Classic Cars Museum
The World of WearableArt™ and Classic Cars Museum is an iconic 'must-see' Nelson NZ visitor attraction that celebrates two distinctly different passions. A world-class collection of classic cars can be viewed alongside incredible wearable works of art from all around the globe.
Shopping, Eating Out, See and Do
For best tips on 'shopping' (arts, fashion, souvenirs), 'eating out' and 'see and do' in Nelson visit www.visualguides.kiwi, or pick up the printed visual guide at Riverlodge Motel reception.
Nelson Events 2016/17
- 18th of September 2016: Cherry Blossom Festival, Miyazu Gardens
- 12th–24th of October 2016: Nelson Arts Festival (View Website)
- 12th of November 2016: The New Zealand Cider Festival (View Website)
- 19th and 20th of November 2016: 123rd Nelson A&P Show (View Website)
- 26th and 27th of November 2016: The Extravaganza (Gypsy Fair), Tahunanui Beach
- 17th of December 2016: Lantern Celebration, Botanical Reserve/Centre of NZ
- 31st of December 2016: New Year's Eve Countdown, Trafalgar Street
- 20th–25th of January 2017: Nelson Weekly Regatta Week
- 2nd–6th of February 2017: Nelson Busker Festival (View Website)
- 2nd–11th of February 2017: International Chamber Music Festival (View Website)
- 25th of March 2017: MarchFest (View Website)